Pages

Friday, January 6, 2017

I made a chainmail scarf!

I recently got inspired to make a chainmail scarf! I saw one online and just knew I had to make one, myself (isn't that how it always goes?).
I did some research on what ring size I should use and what colors, and I made my order for supplies!
When they came in, I really didn't want to start it right away until I got some more work done on my purse (that I suspect will never get done). But then I realized that the main ring color I had ordered was a limited supply, so to make sure that I had enough while they were still available, I got started right away! (Or at least it sounded like a good enough justification to start a new project, anyway).

I started it last Saturday, and it has taken me less than a week to make. I actually had a lot of fun working on this, too! The wire size was slightly bigger than I am used to, so I had to stop sometimes to let my hands rest, but it still came together quickly.

Here it is!

This came out to 6 feet long! It's has a little weight to it (but it is made of a light aluminum), and the "fringe" makes a pleasant jingling noise when you move.
When I saw the turquoise rings, I knew immediately that was the color I wanted. I chose, then, to go with more peacock colors, and was going to choose a darker purple color to go with it, but as soon as I saw the lavender, I changed to it right away!

I am already making plans for another one (farther in the future, so I can save up for supplies). I'm thinking of maybe a chevron pattern, perhaps. Or even a Dr Who scarf! The possibilities are many!

I would love to get some feedback!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That is incredible! I really wouldn't have a clue where to start! Love the colours too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cool is that. Beautiful colors!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is unique and what wonderful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that's amazing! Is it comfortable to wear?

    ReplyDelete