Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Update and a new start

I have a new start this week. I promised Justine that I would stitch along with her in April on the Cut Thru Rocket. This project was in my to-do pile, and I had already purchased the fabric for it. I only had to purchase a few colors of floss.
Now, I am nowhere nearly as fast as she is (plus she has gotten a head start on me), but here is where I am so far:


I would be further along, but shortly after I started this project, my Christmas one started yelling at me to be worked on, so I picked it up for a little bit.
Here is where I was when I left off last week:


Here is where I am now:

 
I also had the oddest occurrence when I was working on this one, especially since it had been yelling to be worked on. I got to this point, and all of a sudden, I just didn't want to work on it anymore. 
I ended up putting it away and pulling out the Rocket. I've never just hit a wall like that before, it was strange to me.

I have also started watching some YouTube videos of people's techniques and tricks for certain things. I have already incorporated a new technique (starting a new thread with a loop from the front of your project rather than the back) into my own stitching, and it has been pretty helpful.


6 comments:

  1. Great! Two rockets to keep up with.You made a great start.
    Love your Christmas one too.If one design is calling more than another,I go with the flow,otherwise I end up either starting another project or not stitching at all.That also applies to me if I have too many WIP's on the go,I can't settle to stitching one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're off to a great start! I think that's the bit I'm about to start stitching tonight too - 4th floor down on the Rocket?
    I have to stitch on whatever's calling to me - that's why I'm making myself stitch the Rocket this month as I need to get it finished and something else always shouts more loudly!
    Thanks for joining me in Rocket stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start on your rocket. I've had that happen with a project before. It's so weird. It's almost like your needle refuses to go through the fabric. You made progress though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you and Justine are stitching buddies for Rocket. Hopefully you can encourage each other along. Interesting that you hit a wall on your Christmas stitch. I wonder if it will ever happen again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on both and I've hit that wall before. Definitely a good idea to switch projects.

    ReplyDelete