Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Classic Car Keeper

Things have been crazy around my house over the weekend, so I haven't had time to take any pictures of my progress on the Disney Dreams project. Plus, I don't work on it every day, so I don't get much done every week. Next weekend I am going to be out of town for a wedding in the family, so I don't know if I'll be able to post then, either. I will try, though! If not, then the week after that I'll put up a post with 3 weeks of progress.

In the mean time, I'll post pictures of my other project.
I don't want to keep taking my Disney piece back and forth to work (that's just asking for an accident to happen), so I have separate projects for work and home. My work project is a plastic canvas car. I was browsing through the patterns on freepatterns.com, and found the pattern for the Classic Car Keeper. I fell in love with it.
Here are pictures of my pieces and progress so far. I decided to make the car a dark gray color rather than the hunter green that the pattern calls for (mostly because i already had the gray yarn). Also, I used brown plastic instead of the tan that the pattern called for (because Hobby Lobby didn't have any tan).
When I first started putting things together, it looked more like a boat than a car. In a way, it still does.



My only problem that I am running into with this car is that there are two pieces (one for each side) that I am trying to figure out how they attach to the whole thing. They are the front fender supports. The pattern tells where to attach it, but I don't know what direction and way the part faces. I skipped that part for now and will put everything else together and see if that helps narrow things down. If anybody knows how this attaches, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment