Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My first big project: Monopoly!

Up through high school, whenever I would do crafts it was always small items, nothing very big. One day I when shopping with my mom at a local craft store, and I came across the pattern for a cross-stitch Monopoly board. Instantly, I was hooked and I spent what little money I had (I was a poor college student at the time) to buy the supplies I needed to work on what would be my masterpiece.

OK, I've mentioned it before, but I'll remind you. I have a hard time working on something straight through from start to finish. I worked on this project on and off over the course of over 2 years. When I finished it, though, I was sooo excited. This was my first big project that I not only attempted, but finished as well. I've had it framed and put under glass. Now whenever I want to play Monopoly, all I have to do is take it off the wall!

I don't have any in-progress pictures, as this was completed 12 years ago, but I have several pics of the finished product.  I must note that I did make a few changes from what the pattern had. Instead of putting the Parker Brothers copyright info underneath the Monopoly logo in the middle, I substituted my name and the year that I completed the project.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment